Tuesday, March 5, 2013

That 70's Show

I have always had a love for 70s inspired fashion. Floppy hats, loose layered tees, vests, fringe, chunky heels, and my fave....WIDE LEG DENIM. I feel this boho style comes and goes but will forever remain a staple in my closet. So I'm gonna focus on the staple here...wide leg denim. You can dress these bad boys up or down anyway you like. Here I have paired these extra wide leg jeans with a loose baggy aztec looking tee and a fun sequin vest to add some depth, and I do love to layer....I mean it is a big trend this season right?? To complete the look I paired it with a brown floppy hat (you will soon find out my huge obsession with hats), my favorite aztec platforms and my new studded handbag from my favorite store, Crossroads Trading Company (where I  work). Now that summer is vastly approaching, these will be a staple for me. These can go super casual by wearing with a cool skull tank, layered metal jewelry, and some platforms...then add a cool leather jacket for when it gets colder at night. They can also go great for a date night or a nice dinner out with friends by paring it with a flowy blouse and very minimal jewelry and cute pointy toe heels. No matter how you wear it, you will be making a statement. In my opinion, these super flared jeans and boho style aren't going anywhere...and I am ok with that. 

I have my rad sister to thank for taking these killer photos. She's the best!! 
























OUTFIT DETAILS: Floppy hat - Urban Outfitters//Vest - Forever 21//Top - Erin Wasson for RVCA//Jeans - Joe's denim//Shoes - Joe's denim//Bag - Vince Camuto//Necklace - Steve Jewelry 















No comments:

Post a Comment